Quartz cleaning

Quartz cleaning

Quartz cleaning recommendations

The fact that your countertops are made from very durable and resilient material will not guarantee the perfectness of their look for many years. All countertops need to be properly cleaned because only then they will serve you for a long time. In this article we would like to tell you how to clean your quartz countertops, which are said to be even the most durable option for your kitchen. Quartz countertops are available in various colours, very often their look is similar to the granite or marble. However, these are mined natural stones, while quartz slabs are engineered in a factory. Quartz slabs contain about 94% of ground quartz. The other 6% is polyester resins which bind the slab, and pigments which determine the colour. However, some designs even contain very small amounts of metal and recycled glass which make countertops more stains and heat resilient. Quartz countertops are nonporous which means that they do not need sealing. By contrast, granite countertops should be sealed at least once a year. Theoretically, quartz countertops are known to be maintenance-free, but in general, there are some simple things you need to keep in mind. For daily cleaning the only thing you need is the damp cloth which you should use for wiping the countertops. The soapy water will be enough as well, however, you can also use some household cleaners even designated for stainless steel, which you can later use for your other stainless steel appliances. However, keep in mind that any product you want to use should be nonabrasive and non-bleach. The simplest care will provide your countertops with the glossy appearances for many years.  To remove more “difficult stains” you can use some special products designated for scratches and free scratch pad. Soak a pad with hot water and apply a small amount of the cleaner directly on the surface, remove stains with circle moves. After that just wipe the countertops off. The other option is to use the sponge with a coarse surface which is perfect and the most suitable solution for removal red wine stains. In order to remove food remains, for example, dough you should use razor blade and simply scrape it off. In order to scrap away some other adhered materials, you can also use a putty knife. Although quartz is one of the hardest minerals of the world, and countertops made from this material are very resilient, scrap it very carefully. If you think that you cannot scratch the quartz surface, you are wrong. Some excessive force and pressure may negatively influence the countertops’ finishes. However, you should also remember that all manufacturers will provide you with detailed instruction, how deal with some more difficult stains. It is necessary to follow such instructions as we have mentioned at the beginning, some quartz countertops vary in ingredients. In general, tips presented in this article are universal and can be applied to all quartz countertops, but always remember about following manufacturers’ recommendation and instructions included on the products you are going to use to clean your copuntertops.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *